Capturing this stage of life is so important, it gives us the everlasting memory of how tiny, delicate and precious this new life is.
By choosing to have a newborn session you are not only creating everlasting memories but family heirlooms that your newborn will grow up seeing and can take with them throughout their own lives.
The Important Stuff!
- We recommend newborn sessions to be taken within the first 2 weeks of birth (5-14 days old). This is when newborns are their most sleepiest and can be positioned more freely. Generally after the first 2 weeks newborns become stronger and move a lot more making it harder to get into certain positions, it is also a time where things like colic and baby acne may start to appear.
- Newborn photography sessions are held in our fully equiped studio in Melbourne’s West. The studio is located in Gisborne and has all you need for a comfortable and relaxing photographic session. We supply all the backdrops, props, headband and bonnets. For more information on our custom built studio, head to our Studio Page
- Your newborn session includes family portraits, parent portraits and sibling portraits. If you would also like to include grandparents in the photos we are more than happy to have them, just let us know to make sure we allow enough time for all the photographs.
- Newborn sessions usually last around 3 hours, time always depends on how well baby settles. We like to take things nice and easy, making sure baby is comfortable and allow plenty of time for feeds and cuddles. The Design Consultation happens straight after your photo shoot.
- Straight after your session we will sit down and go through all your photos. This is where you get to purchase all the photographs you would like edited ready for your wall art collections and albums or prints. Once full payment is made the turn around times vary for products but usually takes around 2-3weeks.
- We recommend booking your newborn session soon after your 20 week scan. This will secure your session for the month of your due date as we only take a limited number of bookings a month. Once baby arrives let us know as soon as you can and we will lock in a specific date and time for your session.
* A gift for you when booking your newborn session – $100 voucher towards a Maternity session.